Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pasta with Shrimp & Basil

Sorry, no image available online. I will take a pic next time I make it.

Credit: Taste of Home Simple & Delicious
Recipe: I didn't find it online. Here is the recipe from my magazine:

3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 lb peeled & deveined cooked medium shrimp
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (I don't like these. So, I omitted this.)
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp minced fresh basil
1/8 tsp pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions in a large saucepan. Saute mushrooms in butter in a skillet until tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat.

Cochran Review: Total time for this meal is about 25 minutes. Very simple, very delicious, and a light pasta dish. We enjoyed it!  Hope you enjoy it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment