Saturday, January 21, 2012

1/20/12

Well, today is my sixth day blogging! What are your thoughts so far? I'm really enjoying it! Plus, it is like an easy online meal planner for me! It seems several of you have interest in last night's meal, Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken & Cheddar Quesadillas. It got 16 views so far, and rightfully so! We really enjoyed it! I posted our detail review on the original recipe post last night. Hope you enjoy!

I didn't have leftover Chicken Milano yesterday. So, I haven't posted a pic. I found leftover Cranberry Sweet-and-Sour Pork in the fridge that I needed to eat. It was from a pre-blogging meal and oh so yummy! I posted the recipe if you're interested.

Taste of Home Simple & Delicious... So, I'm sure you've noticed several recipes on my blog are from this magazine. There's a reason for that. About mid-December I received an issue in the mail and a note that my Aunt Sherry signed me up for a subscription! So, many yummy looking recipes in one issue! I just had to start trying them! We haven't been disappointed! I love the 30 minute meals that are truly 30 mins! Love that! Before blogging I tried a few recipes we really enjoyed. So, I posted them today for you. Enjoy!


Herbs - So, I've always wanted to try herbs in a tube. I've seen them on TV shows and at the grocery. I've been a little hesitant, because they seemed a little pricey if I didn't like them and I love fresh produce. Well, lately, herbs have been less than desireable at the grocery and my produce stand isn't carrying much more than fire wood due to the winter months. I decided to give them a go, and they are AH-mazing! Love them! So easy, time efficient, claim to be as close to fresh without being fresh, taste fresh, and keep so much longer! Now maybe when Cinco de Mayo comes around I might crave the smell of fresh cut cilantro again, but for now I'm loving my herbs in a tube!!!

Tonight, I'm kinda taking the night off. We have leftover premade pizza crusts, basil pesto sauce, chicken from last night, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and bell peppers. So, we'll be having leftover pizza while we watch the Mizzou and Blues games! Go Tigers and Blues!

Thanks for joining us for dinner! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Huh, I've never heard of herbs in a tube... And that Cranberry Sw/Sour pork looks great. Like now. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed w/ herbs in a tube! They taste very fresh! Knowing myself, I'll return to fresh when they are in season, but I was struggling w/ paying more money for lower quality!

      Delete