Monday, January 16, 2012

1/16/12

Tonight was Turkey Scallopini & Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Soy Browned Butter... both new recipes to us. Quite tasty, but a lot of butter (6 tablespoons for both recipes)! You will find our family's detail review of each on the original recipe post. I didn't make our treat of the week tonight... we still had leftover oatmeal bars from last week! Yum! I'll post that recipe shortly.

Tomorrow is Slow Cooker BLT (Bacon, Leeks, Tomato) Brisket from Rachael Ray. I did the prep work tonight. When using my slow cooker I like to cut up my produce the night before and throw it in a zip lock bag. Also, I like to do any precooking the night before. I'm not much of a morning person. I barely have it together to make a cup of coffee, much less cook. This way all I have to do tomorrow is dump the contents of the zip lock in the slow cooker, add the broth, put the brisket I caramelized in and press start on low for 7 hours! So much easier! This meal makes A LOT of food, so we have invited my parents over, too!

Thanks for joining us for dinner tonight! See you tomorrow!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment