Monday, January 16, 2012

Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer


Credit: Taste of Home Simple & Delicious
Cochran Review: Wow! So easy and very good! True to it's claim, this meal literally took me 30 mins, and that included kicking an occasional soccer ball with my son, cleaning up as I cooked and changing laundry! This meal makes SO much! Seriously! I will make this again, but I will cut the recipe in half. I guarantee even cooking a half recipe we will have leftovers!

Like I've mentioned before, my husband doesn't care for the texture of tomatoes and I'm allergic (can only handle in small doses). So, I opted out of the canned tomatoes. Instead, I used a 12 ounce can of tomato sauce & filled it with water and added a can of water. I think this was a great substitute for our family!

A note about this meal for leftovers: It is a little dry and appears to have less flavor. You might need to add some olive oil and salt and pepper.

Although this was good, I think I prefer the Pepperoni Penne Carbonara. It has a lot more flavor! Enjoy!

I will make this again. It is inexpensive, fast, easy, and we liked it. However, I will be making a half recipe unless I'm feeding an army! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment