Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs



2 bags of premade turkey meatballs
2 12 oz jars of apple jelly 
Chipotle Tabasco Pepper Sauce to taste (we use 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 oz jar)

Put meatballs in slow cooker. Pour two jars of apple jelly over meatballs. Note: apple butter is completely different than apple jelly. You want apple jelly. Pour Chipotle sauce into slow cooker. If we are serving to a large crowd including children, I keep it closer to 1/4 of a bottle. When we are entertaining an adult crowd I go for the 1/2 jar. Anything more and look out! We like hot food, but more than half a bottle is HOT! Cook on high for 3-4 hours.

This recipe is something my husband and I have been making forever, and is quickly a party favorite! My grandma used to make beef meatballs with grape jelly. I'm not a huge fan of beef or grape. So, I just mixed it up a little. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment