Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Artichoke Crusted Chicken



Credit: Sugarlaws
Recipe: http://www.sugarlaws.com/artichoke-crusted-chicken

Cochran Review: We really enjoyed this meal after I made a few adjustments to make it healthier. The substitutions didn't leave us feeling like the flavor compromised. I doubled the recipe so we could have four chicken breasts instead of just two (we like leftovers for lunch). The best part of this meal is that I it came together in about 20-25 minutes! Yay for tasty quick meals! We would definetly have this meal again. Hope you enjoy!

Substitutions/Alterations:
My husband is adamantly against all things mayo. So, I replaced the mayo with a 6oz container of plain Greek yogurt! This worked out great! the topping was very creamy and far healthier than even the same amount of light mayo made with olive oil!

I've been very intrigued with trying coconut oil. So, I tried it for the first time on this meal. I liked cooking with it. I'll post an article about my coconut cooking experience soon.

The recipe suggests chopping the artichoke hearts. I actually finely chopped them in my food processor. I thought they might be tricky for our 15 month old to eat otherwise. This worked out well. I think my husband actually liked the finely chopped texture better.

I'm not sure if the chicken breasts I used were thicker than the ones used in the original recipe or not, but my cook time in the pan and the broiler was about double the suggested time.

Here is a pic of our dinner fresh from the broiler:

Here's a pic plated with broccoli and mushrooms steamed in coconut oil, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic:

No comments:

Post a Comment