Friday, February 17, 2012

Easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya


Credit: American Family
Recipe: http://www.americanfamily.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-jambalaya/43136/RL

Cochran Review: Making this tomorrow for Mardi Gras! I'll let you know! -- Really good! My husband and dinner guests used descriptive words like, "Really good!", "DEE-lish!", and of course our Rachael Ray fan "Yumm-O!" :) This was so easy to put together and very flavorful. We really enjoyed it.

I did a few things different. I added whole canned tomatos instead of stewed, b/c my family enjoys the flavor tomatoes provide, but not eating them. I cubed the onions in chunks for easy removing, instead of dicing it. Also, I bought the average size shrimp on sale. They ended up the size of a dime when the dish was done. Here is a pic of my meal all in the hot tub and ready to cook:


Here is a picture of our final producted plated... or bowled, rather:

No comments:

Post a Comment