Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baked Edamame with Parmesan


Credit: I actually made this up all on my own! :) However, I found few baked edamame recipes available online after making this.
Recipe:

1 bag of frozen edamame beans
2 Tbsp of olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese to taste (I used about a 1/2 cup)

Steam edamame as directed. Cool. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain edemame and lightly pat with paper towel to remove excess water. Toss edamame in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. I used approximately 2 Tbsp. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray... I wasn't stingy in hopes they wouldn't stick, and I was successful. Layer edamame in single layer on tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese to taste. I think I used about 1/2 of a cup of fresh grated cheese. Cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Let stand to cool for a minute. Enjoy!

These turned out crisp, but not crunchy like a potato chip. They packed a lot of flavor and gave a fun alternative to a typical steamed veggie. We couldn't stop eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment