Sunday, February 5, 2012

Salt & Vinegar Broiled Fingerling Potatoes


Credit: Umami Girl
Recipe: http://umamigirl.com/2009/11/salt-and-vinegar-broiled-fingerling-potatoes.html

Cochran Review: Get ready for a vinegar punch! Whew! Sure to make you show your tart face upon first bite, and then they become incredibly addicting! We couldn't stop snagging just one more! If you like salt and vinegar chips, you'll love these! My oven rack wasn't as close to the broiler as the recipe suggested. So, it took a little longer for our potatoes to brown.

Fingerling Potatoes are about 2-3 inches long and they were sold in a small bag by the potatoes in my grocery. I asked the produce manager for help picking them. A 2 lb bag is $2.50 at my grocery. However, from the lights at the grocery, some potatoes had a green tint to them. Apparently, this is common, but not a sign of them necessarily being rotten. The produce manager discounted the bag down to $1, none the less. So, my advice... find a bag that is slightly green and ask! Two pounds of yummy potatoes for $1?!? Are you kidding me?!? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment