Saturday, September 15, 2012

Clinton Kelly's Pappardelle with Summer Vegetables and Ricotta



Credit: The Chew's Clinton Kelly
Recipe: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Pappardelle-Summer-Vegetables-Ricotta-Auberge-du-Soleil-Resort

Cochran Review: Bleh! How's that for an official food blog review? LOL! OK, in all fairness to Clinton, I didn't have cherry tomatoes (my plants have stopped producing) and I didn't have Arugula (lettuce). So, maybe that makes a huge difference. I also had to swap out pappardelle noodles for egg noodles. I don't think this was a big deal tho. Clinton even recommended it on the show. I substituted egg plant for tomatoes and I think that's where I went wrong. I haven't done a lot of cooking (OK, none) with egg plant and was interested to try it. I think this wasn't the best recipe for it though. The dish was OK, not a lot of flavor, after cooked fresh. However, warmed up was awful! The veggies got rubbery and were not edible. If you give this dish a shot, I recommend going with tomatoes or something that provides that acidic flare. We won't be trying it again. Oh well, I told my husband, one bad dish out of a hundred isn't bad, right? Ha ha ha! This is where I usually say enjoy, but I think I'll end with good luck.  ;)

Here's a pic of our dish:

No comments:

Post a Comment