Friday, September 7, 2012

Bacon Corn Cavatelli


Credit: Michael Symon via The Chew
Cochran Review: I'm addicted to The Chew on ABC! It's so entertaining! Check it out! Yum! Yum! Yum!!! This meal was SO easy and cheap to make, but still really brought the flavor! We loved it! I did a few things different, of course:
  • Cavatelli is not carried in my grocers w/o special ordering. Since I didn't plan for that timing, I substituted Cavatappi. It's a fun noodle! I'd like to plan ahead next time and try Cavatelli... I don't think I've ever had it.
  • I picked the tomatoes fresh from my garden. I didn't quite have enough cherry tomatoes ready, so I also chopped regular tomatoes. Also, my husband doesn't care for tomato texture. So, I chopped finely.
  • EVOO - My Aunt Sherry sells Wild Tree products. I love cooking with the Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil as a substitute for EVOO. If you're interested to see what it is or would like to order, here is her site: http://www.mywildtree.com/sherryr/
  • Bacon, my husband LOVES bacon! 1/4 pound is about 4 thick slices, which isn't enough for hubby. So, I doubled it. It didn't seem like bacon overload, but I used the whole box of noodles (slightly more than called for).
That's it! This dish is so easy I made it in under 45 mins with a nearly two year old's "help". Thanks for joining us for dinner, and enjoy!

Here is a picture of our dish. I know Chef Symon is a declared Iron Chef and all, but I'm gonna go ahead and say my pic looks tastier! hehehe:

No comments:

Post a Comment