Monday, April 23, 2012

Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas


Credit: Cookie + Kate
Recipe: http://cookieandkate.com/2011/black-bean-sweet-potato-enchiladas/

Cochran Review: We had these tonight for dinner tonight! Yum! Yum! Yum! Very good dish. I LOVE meals that say throw the ingredients in a bowl and mix! Doesn't get easier than that!!

A few things I changed up:
- I shredded chicken from last night's dinner (Wine & Tomato Braised Chicken) for my husband who insists on having meat with every meal.  :)
- It is a warm day today. So I decided to cook the sweet potato on the stove top in a pan with coconut oil instead of bake them. The less I have the oven going, the better.
- I chickened out. I omitted the Red Pepper, Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers. I planned to feed this to my 16 month old, and was not up for being awake all night due to his tummy hurting. I think they would add a nice kick, tho. So, do it and let me know!  ;)
- Also, I thought I had a jar of green salsa at home, but I didn't. So, I used what we had left of a jalapeno cilantro salsa on the bottom of the dish. I didn't have enough to top the enchiladas, but I had extra stuffing. So, I threw the extra stuffing on top with the cheese.

Even with my few misses, changes, and additions, this meal tastes great and was easy to make! I'd be happy to have it again and maybe add a little more kick. Enjoy! Thanks for joining us for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment